These options allow System Administrators to configure settings associated with Map Layers, Encampments, and other location-related features.
The Location & Outreach settings include some fields that are available to all instances and other fields that are available only to instances with Outreach enabled.
If Outreach is enabled for an instance, the system displays "Subscribed" for Outreach in the SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS section of the System Setup Dashboard. If Outreach is not enabled, the system displays "Contact Us." Please contact our support team if you do not currently have Outreach enabled for Clarity Human Services and are interested in this feature.
To configure Location & Outreach settings, navigate to Launchpad > SETUP > SETTINGS, then click Location & Outreach in the Advanced Options sidebar.
On the LOCATION & OUTREACH page, you can designate distinct settings for each CoC. If a CoC does not have its own settings, the system applies the "Default" settings.
To edit existing settings, click the Edit icon next to the associated CoC or "Default" settings. To create new settings, click ADD NEW SETTINGS.
Note:Changes in LOCATION & OUTREACH are not active until you publish them. To publish changes, click Publish next to the appropriate CoC.
On the LOCATION & OUTREACH SETTINGS page, there are five initial Location & Outreach settings: CoC, Encampment Screen, Restrict User Visibility by CoC, Limit Geographic Area Address Suggestions, and Automated Label When Housed or Sheltered.
Note: If you click SAVE CHANGES on the LOCATION & OUTREACH SETTINGS page without making any changes, the system will not display the green "Changes successfully saved" banner, will not record the action in the Audit Log, and will not update the last_updated and ref_user_updated fields.
Select the CoC to which these settings will apply. The CoCs that populate this list are the CoCs set in System Variables.
Encampment screens allow system administrators to customize the information recorded and displayed in the Encampment Profile. The System Encampment Screen, "Default Encampment Screen," includes the Name, Description, Encampment Status Date, and Encampment Start Date fields. These fields are also automatically included in all custom encampment screens, and system administrators cannot remove them.
If desired, you can include Display Constraints and Calculations on your Encampment screens (SETUP > SCREENS > Encampment). In the example shown below, we have configured the Encampment screen to display the How many youth are residing in the encampment field only when the response to the Are there youth residing in the encampment field equals "Yes."
Restrict User Visibility by CoC
To limit the visibility of a CoC's encampments to only those users who are logged in under that CoC's agencies, turn on Restrict User Visibility by CoC.
The CoC of the encampment is determined by the CoC of the agency that created the encampment.
This setting applies only to encampments (and associated clients unless otherwise limited by sharing settings). Clients listed as individuals on the maps are not impacted by this setting.
When Restrict User Visibility by CoC is OFF for a CoC, users in other CoCs can view that CoC's encampments. This is the default setting for existing and new Outreach settings.
When Restrict User Visibility by CoC is ON for a CoC, only users who are logged in under that CoC's agencies can see the CoC's encampments in the following places:
- Displayed in the Outreach map.
- In the search field on the Outreach map.
- In Outreach's Move Person(s) to different Encampment functionality.
- In the search field on any ADD LOCATION pop-up within the system.
- In the Encampments layer in the geolocation widget.
- In the Encampment dropdown menu and the Outreach column of the LOCATION tab.
Also, users who are subscribed to an encampment in that CoC but do not have primary or additional agency access to that CoC will not receive notifications for that encampment.
Note: The Restrict User Visibility by CoC setting does not apply to users with the Full System Sharing Access permission enabled.
Limit Geographic Area Address Suggestions
To limit the suggested locations that appear as a staff member types in a location search term, turn on Limit Geographic Area Address Suggestions for a CoC. After toggling on Limit Geographic Area Address Suggestion, system administrators can limit suggestions to locations within the state or within a certain radius.
- The "State" option limits search results to the state of the staff member's agency (or the agency switched into).
- The "Radius in Miles" option limits search results based on the user's browser GPS location. If the browser's "location permissions" function is not enabled, the "Radius in Miles" results are based on the address of the user's assigned agency or the agency the user is switched into.
Individual users can turn off Limit Geographic Area Address Suggestions on the ADD LOCATION pop-up if desired.
If Limit Geographic Area Address Suggestions is turned off, the search results will be sorted based on the user's agency address (or the agency the user is switched into).
Automated Label When Housed or Sheltered
When Automated Label When Housed or Sheltered is turned on, the system will automatically create labels for identifying Housed, Sheltered, or Deceased clients.
When are the labels applied?
Applicable Project Type
Date When Label is Applied
|The client is enrolled into a Transitional Housing or Safe Haven program||2, 8||Enrollment Date|
|The client is enrolled into an Emergency Shelter – Entry Exit program||0||Enrollment Date|
|The client is enrolled into an Emergency Shelter – Night-by-Night program||1||Bed Night Housing Service Date|
|The client exits to a sheltered destination
(the value for "exit_destination" =
101, 118, 215, 206, 207, 225, 204, 205, 302, 329, 314, 332, 312, 313, or 327)
|All project types||Exit Date|
|A Housing Move-In Date is entered on the Enrollment Screen for any Permanent Housing Project Type||3, 9, 10, 13||Enrollment Date
(Note: The system will continue to display the label after the client exits the program unless superseded by the logic above.)
|The client exits to a permanent destination
(the value for "exit_destination" = 422, 423, 426, 410, 435, 421, or 411)
|All project types||Exit Date|
|Client is indicated as deceased on Exit Screen ("exit_destination" = 24)||All project types||Exit Date|
When are the labels removed?
|Label||The label is removed when:|
|DECEASED||The client has future program enrollments.|
Additional Logic for Applying/Removing Labels:
- If a client with a HOUSED label has an enrollment that starts in a Night-by-Night Emergency Shelter but does not have any bed nights, the HOUSED label will be removed and will not be replaced with a SHELTERED label until there's a bed night.
- If a client with a HOUSED label enrolls in a Permanent Housing program (project type = 3, 9, 10,13) with no Housing Move-in Date entered, the system removes the label since the client must have been homeless to enroll in the program. When and if a Housing Move-in Date is entered, the system resumes displaying the HOUSING label.
- A user's ability to see the labels will depend on sharing settings.
- If a client who is "Sheltered" according to bed night services exits the program before the bed night services End Date, the exit_destination value determines if the client gets a HOUSED, SHELTERED, or DECEASED label (or no label).
Other Household Members
The system automatically labels other household members as HOUSED if the Head of Household (HoH) has a Housing Move-In Date on the Enrollment screen. This logic only applies to household members in situations with a Housing Move-In Date and does not apply where the HoH has an exit to a permanent destination.
Note: Unless the Head of Household is considered HOUSED with a Housing Move-In Date on the Enrollment screen, the system will not automatically apply labels to the rest of the household. Information must be collected individually for clients to be labeled as HOUSED/SHELTERED/DECEASED within Outreach.
Additional Location & Outreach Settings
Refer to the following articles for configuring the rest of the Location & Outreach settings:
- Configuring Location Filters
- Configuring Map Layers
- Outreach: Encampment Updates/Notifications
- Outreach: Encampment Teams
Users with the appropriate access can click the Audit Log button on the LOCATION & OUTREACH page to view the following changes:
- Adding new Location & Outreach Settings for a CoC (including the name of the CoC)
- Publishing/deleting Location & Outreach Settings for a CoC (including the name of the CoC)
Users with the appropriate access can click the Audit Log button on the LOCATION & OUTREACH SETTINGS page to view the following changes:
- Changing the Encampment Screen
- Turning Restrict User Visibility by CoC on/off
- Turning Limit Geographic Area Address Suggestions on/off
- Changing Area Limited By from “State” to “Radius in Miles” or vice versa
- Changing the number of miles for the Radius
- Turning Automated Label When Housed or Sheltered for Outreach on/off
- Adding/deleting Location Filters
- Adding/deleting Map Layers
- Turning each of the ENCAMPMENT UPDATES toggles for Outreach on/off:
- Encampment Border Changes
- Encampment Was Removed
- Clients Added to the Encampment
- Encampment Alert Added
- Encampment Note Added
- Encampment Status Update Added
- Encampment Status Set to Inactive
- Adding/deleting Encampment Teams