Location Filters determine which type of client locations populate Outreach. These filters also determine which geolocation field and geolocation-enabled service item locations display in the client Location tab. There are two different types of location filters:
- Encampment location filters determine which client locations are displayed within encampments in Outreach.
- Individual location filters determine which client locations are displayed outside of encampments and within the Location tab.
To configure location filters, navigate to SETUP > SETTINGS, click Location & Outreach in the Advanced Option sidebar, select a Continuum of Care to edit. In the LOCATION FILTERS section, click the edit icon next to either Encampments or Individuals. The configuration options, which are the criteria for the types of location data points to display, are the same for both Encampments and Individuals.
To add a new criterion, click ADD LOCATION FILTER CRITERIA. To edit an existing criterion, click the Edit icon beside it.
- Geolocation Field Based: When adding or editing this type of criterion, you will see a Field drop-down list that includes all fields with a Type of “Geolocation.” Clicking the checkbox next to the name of a field(s) will include location data recorded for that field in Outreach.
Note: Geolocation fields in Client Profile screens toggled on as Geolocation Field Based criteria always display in Outreach. Locations in Client Profile screens are static, whereas other locations displayed in Outreach are dynamic, and only the most recent record displays. Consequently, if using Client Profile location data in Outreach, the client’s current location should always be updated in the Client Profile, even if users track it elsewhere.
- Location Tab Based: When adding or editing this type of criterion, you will see an Address Type drop-down list that includes all Address Type options from the Location tab (system administrators can modify these types in the Address Type field in Field Editor). Clicking the checkbox next to an Address Type includes location data recorded with that Address Type from the Location tab. “Encampment,” “Tunnel,” and “Field Interactions” are automatically configured as selected, but system administrators can deselect if preferred.
- Service Taxonomy-Based: When adding or editing this type of criterion, you will see a Taxonomy drop-down list that includes all Service Taxonomy fields. Clicking the checkbox next to a taxonomy item includes location data recorded for service items with that taxonomy.
Each criterion has an associated time threshold. The time threshold defines which locations display in Outreach based on the location’s date. For example, if the time threshold is “2 Weeks,” only locations with a date within the two weeks leading up to the date the Outreach map are being viewed for display. By default, the threshold is two weeks, but you can edit this by clicking the edit icon.
The time threshold is subject to the “Time Scrubber” Data Filter, if applied. For example, if the time threshold is “2 weeks,” only locations with a date within the two weeks leading up to the “Time Scrubber” date the map is being viewed for display.
Time Threshold for Service Taxonomy Based Locations
In contrast to other location types, locations based on service taxonomy have a start and end date. For these locations, both the Time Threshold and Time Scrubber consider the location “active” for all dates from the start date through the end date.
The next system configuration option for Outreach is Map Layers.