2024 Data Standards
News and Announcements
Clarity Human Services: INVENTORY
Clarity Human Services: Outreach
- Accessing Clarity Human Services
- Client Records and Households
- Program Enrollments
- Managing Client Data in Screens
- Entering Client Location Data
- Files, Notes, and Contacts
- Charts and Goals
- The Attendance Module
- Working with the Referrals Tab and Community Queues
- Recording and Managing Referrals in the Client Record
HUD and Federal Partner Resources
- Administrator Reports
- Agency Management Reports
- Assessment-Based Reports
- Client Reports
- Community and Referrals
- Data Quality Reports
- Housing Reports
- HUD and Federal Partner Reports
- Profile Screen Reports
- Program-Based Reports
- Service-Based Reports
- Pentaho Release Notes - Current Year
- Pentaho Release Notes - Previous Years
Data Integration and Migration
Submit a Request
Using Basemaps and Map Layers
There are two basemap options: "Map" and "Imagery with Labels." To select a basemap, click the Basemap icon within the map.
Note: The image below shows the Location function. For Outreach, the basemap options are located in the lower-left corner.
The "Imagery with Labels" basemap includes satellite and high-resolution aerial imagery and place names.
- Within Outreach, use the Data Filter to select Continuum of Care (C0C) layers as well as any custom layers that have been created.
- When entering client locations within the Location tab or when entering geolocations, you can view the CoC layer by clicking the Layers icon in the map and clicking the icon next to the CoC layer.
- If Outreach has been enabled, you can also view any custom map layers that have been created.
Viewing the map with the CoC layer allows you to identify if a location falls within the boundaries of the CoC. These boundaries are defined by the CoC GIS shapefiles, published by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) each year.