Service Items represent unique units of a service that can be recorded in a client record. Service items can be recorded as a stand-alone service at the agency level (under the SERVICES tab), within a program enrollment, or both (depending on how the service is configured).
Attendance-based services can also be recorded in the Attendance Module; refer to Managing Attendance Services in the Attendance Module for details.
Accessing Agency-Level Services (Stand-Alone Services)
In the client record, click the SERVICES tab. A list of service items appears.
Accessing Service Items from an Enrollment (Program Services)
Within the enrollment, click the Provide Services tab. A list of service items appears.
- You can only access service items within an enrollment if the enrollment is active (i.e., an exit has not been recorded for the enrollment).
- You can record service items during or after enrollment (but before exit).
- The ability to record service items within another agency's program enrollment depends on that program's Cross Agency Service setting.
Recording Service Items
To record a service item, click the arrow next to the Category of the service item. Additional service item configuration options will display.
Service items with an "Other" category for Moving On Assistance Provided, VA SSVF Service, and HUD-VASH Voucher Tracking services will include an Other-Specify field for you to enter a description of the service item. The system will underline the field in red if you click SUBMIT without completing the field.
All service items have a date field (or fields) and a Service Note field.
- Service items configured with a "Long Term" or "Daily Attendance" Delivery Type will have a Start and End Date.
- Service items with a Delivery Type of "Multiple Attendance" or "Single Event" have just one date field, which the system will record as both the Start Date and End Date for the service item.
Note: You cannot add a date that is before January 1, 1970, or after January 1, 2038.
If Group Placement Options is enabled for the service item, you can record the service item for other household members.
Depending on a service item's configuration, the following additional fields may appear:
- Time Tracking
- Reservation Management
Some service items will include fields for funding information, displayed according to the service item's Funding configuration:
- Expense Amount: either an adjustable or a pre-determined amount that cannot be modified, based on the Default Amount and Adjustable settings within the service item configuration
- Expense Date: user-selected date associated with the funding source
- Funding Source: either a picklist or a pre-selected funding source, based on the Automatically Charge and Adjustable settings within the service item configuration. If a picklist is provided, it will include all the agency's active funding sources that have Direct Expenses enabled and have a Fund Amount that is currently greater than 0. For services provided at the program level, the only funding sources included in the picklist will be those that are actively assigned to the program.
When you record a service item for multiple household members, the Expense Type setting determines whether the expense amount will be applied once or if it will be applied for every family member who receives the service item.
For Daily Attendance or Multiple Attendance services recorded from the SERVICES tab or the Provide Services tab, the HISTORY tab for clients receiving the service item will show the Expense Amount listed. (For Daily Attendance or Multiple Attendance services recorded from the Attendance module, the system will only show the Expense Amount next to the Expense Date if Charge per Attendance is enabled.)
If Time Tracking is enabled for service items with a Service Category of "Case Management," you will see Time Tracking fields when you record the service item. This feature lets you track how much time you spend providing the service.
- If Tracking Time is Adjustable has been enabled for the service item, you will be able to select the amount of time you spent providing the service by selecting options from the drop-down menus for hours and minutes.
For example, you would record a 90-minute case management session by selecting "1 hour" and "30 minutes."
- If Tracking Time is Adjustable has not been enabled for the service item, you will not be able to adjust the Time Tracking fields.
Service items of any category with a "Multiple Attendance" Delivery Type will include a Time field for recording the time of day when you provided the service.
If Account Required is enabled for a service item, you will need to select a vendor from a drop-down list when recording the item.
If Employment Placement is enabled for a service item, you will see fields for entering the client's Hourly Wage, Hours Per Week, Position, and Employer.
For information about recording services with Reservation Options, see Making and Managing Reservations.
Automatic Service Placement
If Auto Service Placement is enabled for a Program, the system automatically records services to a client record immediately upon Program enrollment. A pop-up lists the recorded service items.
Linking Service Items to Program Enrollments
Service items initially recorded as stand-alone service items can be "linked" to a Program enrollment if appropriate.
Viewing and Editing Service Items
Service items that have been recorded in a client's record are listed in the client record HISTORY tab. You can also see the service item in the Program-level History tab if you recorded it within an enrollment.
To view or edit a service item, click its Edit icon.
Users with the appropriate access can view an Audit Log for the service item by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking the Audit Log button.
For users who are switched into an agency that is different from the one that provided the service, the system will hide the following functions:
- ADD EXPENSE link
- Edit and Delete (trash can) icons for existing expenses
Note that Attendance services have unique configurations that can be edited in the client record history.