This article describes how System Administrators can create templates to define which screen will be used for collecting data at each stage of a program.
A program template specifies the screens that will collect data at each stage of a program (enrollment through follow-up). Additionally, program templates can be used to configure the automated provisioning of services, default goals, documentation requirements, assessments, and chart fields to the program.
- Bitfocus creates the templates needed for federally required data collection.
- System administrators can create custom templates as needed, such as for custom automated service provisioning needs.
Once a template is created, you can use it each time you set up a similar type of program. Templates are time-savers; without them, each time you create a program, you would have to go through and assign a screen to each stage of the program.
System Program Templates
Program Templates created by Bitfocus are marked with a SYSTEM label. Because System entities are not editable, the System Program Templates will not be adjustable but can be copied as a custom Program Template so that any necessary adjustments can be made.
"(Custom)" at the end of a Program Template Name indicates that the template was provided by Bitfocus and adjusted by the community before the "System" label was introduced.
Automated Provisioning Services included in a System Program Template will also have a SYSTEM label and cannot be edited or deleted.
Creating a Program Template
To create a program template, go to SETUP > TEMPLATES > Program Templates. Click CREATE A NEW PROGRAM TEMPLATE.
Complete the following fields on the ADD NEW PROGRAM TEMPLATE page:
- Program Name: choose a name for the new template.
- Program Screen: the screen selected determines the fields that display when configuring a program. The options available are all screens with a Type of Program Setup.
- Enrollment Screen: the screen that will appear at program enrollment. The options available are all screens with a Type of Program Enrollment.
- Case Status: how often (if applicable) the designated Case Status Screen should be completed (e.g., every month, every three months, etc.).
- Case Status Screen: the screen that displays when a user conducts a Status Assessment or Annual Assessment. The options available are all screens with a Type of Program Status.
- Exit Screen: the screen that displays when a user exits a client from a program. The options available are all screens with a Type of Program Exit.
- Follow-up Screen: the screen that displays when a user conducts a Follow-up assessment. The options available are all screens with a Type of Program Follow-up.
- Additional Status Screen: if the program is collecting Current Living Situation data, select Current Living Situation.
- Status: This designates the template as "Active" or "Inactive." Select "Inactive" if the program template should not be available for use. You can activate or de-activate a program template at any time.
- Automated Provisioning: this enables system administrators to automate the configuration of services, goals, documentation requirements, assessments, and chart fields for a program.
- Assessment Due - HUD Compliant: This setting, which is turned on by default for all program templates, pertains to HUD's requirement that the annual assessment date for all household members is based on the Head of Household's program enrollment date. Our non-HMIS customers who do not need to meet this requirement may turn this toggle off for any Program Templates where the annual assessment date for non-HoH household members should be determined by their own program enrollment date instead of the HoH's enrollment date.
After completing all fields, click ADD RECORD. If Automated Provisioning is enabled, you'll be able to add Services, Default Goals, Documentation Requirements, Assessments, and Chart Fields.
Automated Provisioning Sections
- Services: clicking Add New Service will navigate you to the Add New Service page, where you can create the Automated Provisioning Service. For more information on creating services, see Introduction to Services.
- Default Goals: the options available are those established in Goal Templates.
- Documentation Requirements: the options available are those established in File Categories.
- Assessments: the options available are those established in Assessment Screens.
- Chart Fields: the fields available come from the template's enrollment screen (for more information, see Program Setup: Charts).
Note: You must add the Automated Provisioning Service to a template before using that template in a program; otherwise, the Service will not be available for use in that program.
Copying a Program Template
To copy a program template, click its Copy icon. The copied program template will appear in the list, with the words "Copy of" in front of its name.
Deleting a Program Template
Hover over a program template and click its trash can icon to delete the template.
NOTE: The trash can icon will also not appear if the template is currently assigned to a program.