The LOCATION tab in the client record allows you to record and view client geographic location information with a Location Type of “Field Interaction” or “Address.”
The system will display previously recorded location information in the location results and on the map. These results include the name of the staff member who last updated the location record (Last Updated Staff), the location Type, the Location Date, and whether the location displays in Outreach (if Outreach is enabled in the system). Location records are sorted by Location Date.
You can filter location records by Type as well as Status (“Active,” “Inactive,” or “All”). The location types that display in the Location tab depend on whether Outreach is enabled in the system. If Outreach is not enabled, only locations with a Type of Address or Field Interaction will display.
Note: For geolocation fields and geolocation-enabled service items to display in the client Location tab, Outreach must be enabled for the instance. System administrators must also set up Location filters in Outreach Settings to determine which locations display.
Click on a location pin in the address list to zoom into that location on the map.
Outreach in the Location Tab
The Outreach column in the Location tab displays “Individual” if the client location is in Outreach as an individual location or the encampment name if the location is within an encampment. A star icon indicates the client’s current location.
Clicking Individual or an encampment name navigates you to Outreach, where you can view the client’s Profile Info and, if applicable, encampment information.
Basemaps and Map Layers
Location records are displayed on an interactive map. You can zoom in and out on the map and view the map using basemaps and map layers.
Housed/Sheltered/Deceased Labels in the Location Tab
Labels and tooltips that are connected to the Housed/Sheltered/Deceased functionality are also used in the Outreach column within the Location tab. For more information, please read System Advanced Options: Outreach.
Adding Client Locations from the Location Tab
You can add Address and Field Interaction location records from the LOCATION tab (for information on adding location data through services or fields, see Entering Client Location Data for Geolocation Fields and Entering Data for Geolocation-Enabled Service Item).
Field Interactions provide a quick way to record location data based on device location. To record this type of location, click the Locate icon.
- Mobile devices using GPS technology provide the most accurate location information.
- When using this feature for the first time, you will be prompted to allow location access from your browser.
After you click the icon, the system will navigate you to the ADD LOCATION pop-up, where you can enter the client’s location information.
To add an Address location, click ADD ADDRESS.
Address locations include additional information fields:
- Address Type: the drop-down menu options are populated from the “address_types” field, managed in Field Editor.
Note: The Address Type picklist contains a “Client Supplied” option that is grayed out. This option is associated with Customer Portal functionality and cannot be selected within Clarity Human Services.
- Name: a user-selected identifying name for the location.
- Location Date: a user-selected date for the location.
- Active Location: turn this setting off to remove the locations from the Active view.
- Private: toggling on makes the location visible only to staff members located at the agency where the record was created, regardless of Sharing settings (for more information on private data, see Making Client Data Private).
- Click ADD LOCATION to open the ADD LOCATION pop-up.
Editing Locations from the Location Tab
Address and Field Interaction location records can be edited or deleted by hovering over the location and clicking either the edit or trash can icon.
- Editing Field Interaction locations:
- You can modify the Address (by clicking the EDIT icon on the map) and the Location Date.
- Editing Address locations:
- You can modify all initially editable fields.