The Automatic Offline Status function allows the system to automatically create an Offline status for a Unit or Bed when the client exits.
When Automatic Offline Duration is turned ON, an Automatic Offline Duration field appears for the user to select the desired number of hours, days, or weeks for the Offline status. The default setting is “1 week.”
- If Automatic Offline Status is turned ON at the Site, Building, or Unit level, it will be ON and read-only at the levels below. For example, if Automatic Offline Status is turned ON at the Building level, it will be ON and read-only at the Unit level and (if Beds are configured) at the Bed level.
- If Automatic Offline Status is turned OFF at the Site, Building, or Unit level, users can turn it ON at any of the levels below. For example, if Automatic Offline Status is turned OFF at the Unit level, users can turn it ON at the Bed level.
- If a user turns Automatic Offline Status OFF at a higher level, the system will turn it OFF at the lower levels and display a pop-up that says, “By disabling 'Automatic Offline Status' this will also disable the 'Automatic Offline Status' at the lower levels. Please confirm.”
- If a user adjusts the Automatic Offline Duration or enables Automatic Offline Status at a higher level when enabled at the lower levels, the lower levels will reflect the adjustment, and a pop-up will display that says, “‘Updates to the ‘Automatic Offline Status and Duration’ will be reflected at the lower levels. Please confirm.’”
The system will record the following default values for an automatic Offline status, but they will be editable:
- Start Date: the date the client exits the Unit
- Start Time: the time the client exits the Unit, to the nearest 15-minute increment after the exit
- End Date/Time: determined by the Automatic Offline Duration, unless there is a future Offline/Inactive status or future occupancy, in which case the End Date/Time will be right before the future Offline/Inactive status or occupancy begins.
- Offline Reason will default to “Automatically Set to Offline.”
- Description will default to “Default offline status set automatically due to recent client exit.”
When an automatic Offline status is recorded for a Bed, the system will create a new record in both the Bed List and the Occupancy History section of the UNITS page.
When the UCT (Unit Configuration Type) changes, the system clears the Automatic Offline Status value for Beds from the previous configuration.
- An automatic Offline status will be recorded regardless of the method by which the client exits (manually, by Auto Exit, or because the client exited the program and the Unit /Bed End Date auto-fills).
- An automatic Offline status can be deleted or edited.
- The default setting at the Site level for the Automatic Offline Status toggle is OFF.
- If Automatic Offline Status is enabled, users with access to Sites may disable it if desired, even though automated Offline records may have already been recorded.
- Automatic Offline records and adjustments will be tracked in the Audit Log.
- If a client exits at the same time that a future Inactive/Offline status or client occupancy starts, no automated Offline status will be created.