To find individuals or encampments in Outreach, you can use the Data Filter or the Search field.
Outreach Data Filter
You can filter your view within Outreach by clicking the Data Filter icon.
Selections made within the Data Filter are retained, even after logging out.
The “Time Scrubber”
The Period (weeks/months), or “Time Scrubber,” filter allows location data from a specific time period to display in Outreach.
If you select a period other than “Today,” the system displays location data as it appeared at the specified time. Any locations recorded after that time will not be displayed.
When using the “Time Scrubber,” The Time Threshold for the location type is applied to the filter. In other words, if a time threshold of “2 weeks” is in place for a location and a “Time Scrubber” filter of “1 month ago” has been applied, only locations recorded within the two weeks leading up to one month ago display on the map.
You can use the toggles in the Data type section to display Individuals, Encampments, or both.
- Turn on Individuals to display the following types of client locations, based on the Individual Location Filters in Location & Outreach settings:
- Locations not included in encampments
- Locations recorded from the LOCATION tab
- Locations recorded from geolocation-enabled service items and geolocation fields
- Turn on Encampments to display user-defined geographic areas where a group of persons is located (Encampments). The icon in each encampment indicates the number of persons in the encampment. Click on the encampment to display the Encampment Profile and the persons within the encampment on the map.
Client locations included in the encampment are recorded from the LOCATION tab, service items, and geolocation fields. The locations display based on the Individual Location Filters configured in Location & Outreach settings. Persons in the encampment display when you click on the encampment.
- If you have Encampments turned on, you may also turn on My Assigned Encampments to view only the encampments to which you are assigned.
After you enable the desired toggles, click APPLY to apply the filters.
Note: If you exit the DATA FILTER screen without clicking APPLY, the system will not apply the filter updates.
You can also filter the map to display Map Layers.
While you can view the map with multiple layers enabled, only one layer can be the Active Layer. When multiple Map Layers are toggled on, information about the Active Layer will be displayed on the map.
Clicking the down arrow for a Map Layer Group displays a multi-select picklist of all of the layers in the group, along with an “All” option.
- By default, all of the options in the picklist are selected.
- If you de-selects one of the layers, the system will deselect the “All” option.
- You can select multiple layers, even from different Map Layer Groups.
Show and Restore Deleted Encampments
In addition to selecting whether the map displays individuals, encampments, or both, system administrators can choose to display deleted encampments on the map by clicking RECOVER DELETED DATA.
A calendar screen appears. Select a date range to view.
Click APPLY. Deleted encampments will be displayed in grey.
Click the icon for the encampment you want to restore. The Encampment Profile screen will appear. Click RESTORE.
When you are done restoring deleted encampments, you must exit the data recovery function before you can use the other Outreach functions. To do this:
- Click the Data Filter icon to display the calendar view again; click EXIT DATA RECOVERY.
- The DATA FILTER screen appears. Click APPLY.
Note: If you click the X in the upper right corner the exit this screen without clicking APPLY, you will remain in “recover deleted data” mode, and the only encampments displayed on the map will be deleted ones. You must click APPLY to exit “recover deleted data” mode and resume using the rest of the Outreach functions.
Outreach Search Options
You can search the Outreach map by address, latitude/longitude coordinates, encampment UID, client UID, or encampment Name. The system automatically determines the search type.
When you search by address (including landmarks and cross streets), the system checks whether the address is part of an encampment. If it is, the encampment location will be displayed on the map along with the Encampment Profile.
If the address doesn’t belong to an encampment, the map displays the address location and any encampments within a half-mile radius. If there are no encampments within a half-mile radius, the system shows the three closest encampments beyond a half-mile radius.
The system supports a variety of formats for entering the coordinates, such as those shown in the following examples:
- 36° 4' 53" N 115° 14' 28.8" W
- 36° 4.8834’ N 115° 14.4804’ W
- 36.081396, -115.241349
- Y:36.081396, X: -115.241349
- 36.081396° -115.241349°
When you search for a valid encampment UID, the encampment will appear on the map along with the Encampment Profile.
When you search by Encampment Name, matching encampment(s) will be displayed as a Match by Name result. Clicking Go navigates you to the encampment.
When you search by client UID:
- If the client has a location on the map as an Individual, the map displays the location and shows the Individual icon.
- If the client UID is within an encampment, the location appears on the map with the Persons icon, and the results display the name of the encampment. A star icon indicates the client’s current encampment.