INVENTORY now includes a Unit Queue that allows you to refer clients to a specific Unit based on Unit Eligibility criteria and Unit availability (set at the AGENCY OVERVIEW page).
When you click on a Unit, the system will analyze the Unit’s Eligibility criteria, assess that criteria against the potential client pool, and display all clients who are eligible for that Unit. You can then click a REFER button next to a client name to initiate the process of referring that client to the Unit.
Unit Queue Settings
Access Role Permission
To access the Unit Queue, users will need the Referrals - Unit Queue access role permission enabled.
The staff member will be able to see all Units in either the CoC or the Primary Sharing Group, depending on the system’s Coordinated Entry Type setting.
To enable the Unit Queue, navigate to SETUP > SETTINGS and select a REFERRAL SETTINGS group to edit. On the REFERRAL SETTINGS page, toggle on the Community Referral Queue and Persistent Management settings. Click SAVE CHANGES.
Note: Enabling INVENTORY affects the following aspects of the Availability tab:
- Where Persistent Management is enabled in Referral Settings, the ability to post Units within the Availability tab goes away. Enabling the Persistent Management setting will also hide the Use Custom Fields on Program Availability settings on the MODIFY COMMUNITY QUEUE page because this setting is not compatible with the Unit Queue. The system will remember whether these toggles were turned on or off.
- Additionally, if a Program opening has any pending referrals, you will be unable to enable Persistent Management until all pending referrals to Program openings are resolved.
- Refer to the Program Availability chart at the end of this article for additional details.
Using the Unit Queue
To navigate to the Unit Queue, click on SEARCH > REFERRALS in the upper right corner of the screen; the Unit Queue tab will be visible.
Searching the Unit Queue
Click on the Unit Queue tab to display available Units.
- Offline Units will not appear on the Unit Queue tab.
- The Units that are displayed will depend on the system’s Coordinated Entry Type:
- If the Coordinated Entry Type is “Continuum of Care Based,” the Unit Queue shows all Units within the CoC of the agency that owns the Program assigned to the Unit.
- If the Coordinated Entry Type is “Sharing Groups Based,” the Unit Queue shows all Units within the Sharing Group of the agency that owns the Program assigned to the Unit. If the agency has more than one Sharing Group assigned, the Unit Queue shows the Units within the Primary Coordinated Entry Group.
- Units with a “Pending Occupancy” status will not be available in the Unit Queue.
The Units will be listed alphabetically. A line below the Unit name lists the Agency, Program, Site, and Building associated with that Unit.
If desired, use the filters to search for specific types of Units:
- Agency: This allows you to limit your search results to Units associated with the agency of the Program connected to the Unit. If you select an agency, the options available in the Program Funding drop-down will be limited to funding sources that are related to the selected agency.
- Program: This allows you to limit the search results to Units associated with a specific Program. If you select a Program, the options available in the Program Funding drop-down will be limited to funding sources that are connected to that Program.
- Funding Source: This allows you to limit the search results according to the funding source(s) connected to the Program. Inherited funding sources are included in the drop-down list.
Note: When a Site is assigned a Program with Eligibility (either direct Eligibility or Eligibility inherited through a Funding Source assigned to the Program), the Site’s Eligibility toggle automatically toggles on and becomes greyed out. The same logic applies if a Program is assigned to a Building or a Unit Configuration Type, and the current logic of inheritance (from Site > Building > Unit Configuration Type > Unit) still applies.
- Include Units with Pending Referrals:
- Toggle on if you want to include Units with pending Referrals in your search results.
- Toggle off if you do not want to include Units with pending Referrals in your search results. “Off” is the default value.
Select the appropriate parameters, then click SEARCH.
Checking Eligibility for a Unit
Click on a Unit in the list to display information about that Unit. View additional details (available according to the user’s access role) by clicking on the Current Unit Configuration name, Site name, Building name, or Unit name.
Select one of the following:
- Recommended Usage: Click the ELIGIBILITY button if you want the system to analyze the Unit’s Eligibility criteria, assess that criteria against the potential client pool (which consists of clients who are already on the Community Queue), and display all clients eligible for that Unit.
- Click Eligibility Override in the lower right corner if you want the system to display all clients/referrals that are currently on the Community Queue, regardless of eligibility criteria.
Based on your selection, the system looks for clients who can be referred to this Unit. The clients will be grouped according to Community Queue first and then by referral assessment, so the first display that you see will be a list of Community Queues. The Unit Queue pulls from the clients assigned to the Community Queues.
- This list will only show Community Queues connected to Programs associated with the Unit within Unit Eligibility and Eligibility Override.
- The Unit will only appear in the Unit Queue if the Unit’s assigned Program is assigned to the Community Queues that appear in the search results.
- If the Unit’s Program does not have any assigned Community Queues, the Unit will not appear on the Unit Queue at all.
Note: When a direct referral is made, denied, and sent back to the queue, the client will appear on the list under a heading of “None” to indicate that the client is on the queue without an assessment.
As shown below, click on the arrow next to a Community Queue (a) to display the referral assessments (b) associated with the clients. Click on the arrow next to an assessment to display the client names (c). By default, the client list is in alphabetical order. Click the column header to sort by the column (Client, Referral Date, Days Pending, Score).
Click the REFER button next to a client’s name to begin the referral process for that client. This process is similar to referring a client from the Community Queue to a Program.
To prevent accidental referrals to a Unit, you will see the following alert: “Please confirm you would like to refer [Client - First Name, Last Name] to [Unit name].”
Note: Referrals from the Unit Queue will count as inferred Coordinated Entry Events where applicable following the same logic as referrals from the Community Queue.
When a client is referred to a Unit from a listed Community Queue, the client will then be removed from the Community Queue tab and will be visible under the Pending tab.
When the referral is connected to the Unit, the Unit’s status changes to “Pending Occupancy.”
The system assumes that the Unit is “Pending Occupancy” on the date when the Unit referral is sent.
If the Site/Building/Unit Configuration Type/Unit belongs to one agency, and the Program connected to it belongs to another agency, the referral will go to the Program agency.
You will then be able to view the new referral under the Pending tab. Click on the Edit icon next to the referral to see the REFERRAL: EDIT page.
Scroll down to see the referral listed in the HISTORY section.
Hovering over a referral event will display a tooltip that identifies the item.
Note: You may also connect referrals to Units via the Community Queue. Refer to our Community Queue for End Users article for details.
Adding a Referral Connection
If the client already has client Program records for the referred Program, scroll to the REFERRAL CONNECTIONS section and click ADD CONNECTION.
The ADD A NEW CONNECTION pop-up displays a list of Program records with a start date on or before the current date. Select the appropriate Program to create the connection.
If the client doesn’t have any client Program records for the referred Program, the ADD CONNECTION link will not be displayed.
Enrolling the Client
When you enroll the client in the referred Program, the Unit’s status on the UNITS page changes to “Occupied.”
When connecting a Unit referral to a Program, the Unit Start Date will be the date that the referral was connected to the Program. If the Unit tab is visible within the Program enrollment, managed within the Program setup, the Unit Start Date can be adjusted manually. If the Unit is still open when the client exits from the Program, the Unit End Date will update to the Program Exit Date.
Click the down arrow next to that Unit to view details about the occupant(s).
In the Inventory module, the green “Available” icon for that Unit (on both the list on the left side of the page and the pop-up Unit Card) will change to the yellow “Occupied” icon.
If the Unit is “Pending Occupied” or “Occupied,” the system prevents you from making certain changes related to that Unit setup:
- You will not be able to change the Unit’s status from “Active” to “Inactive” or “Offline.” The Status field on the MODIFY UNIT page will be greyed out. If you hover over the Status field, you will see a tooltip explaining that the Unit Status cannot be updated.
- You will not be allowed to delete the Program from this Unit or from the level from where the Program was inherited to the Unit.
The table below describes the logic that the system follows in response to the Persistent Management toggle (which enables the Unit Queue, the Program Availability Management toggle, and the “Full,” “Limited,” and “No” selections for Program availability on the Availability tab. This logic uses the existing Availability tab to control which Units appear on the Unit Queue while still allowing referrals via the Community Queue to Programs without INVENTORY.
|Persistent Management = ON
Program Availability Management = OFF
|Persistent Management = OFF
Program Availability Management = ON
|Persistent Management = ON||
|For at least one Community Queue within Referral Settings:
Persistent Management = ON Program Availability Management = ON
|Availability = No||Units are filtered out of the Unit Queue and not available for referrals, even if Units are Units set up for the Program.|
|Availability = Limited||Unit Queue shows all available Units.|
|Availability = Full||