2022 Data Standards
Clarity Human Services: INVENTORY
News and Announcements
HUD and Federal Partner Resources
- Accessing Clarity Human Services
- Client Records and Households
- Program Enrollments
- Managing Client Data in Screens
- Entering Client Location Data
- Outreach For End Users
- Files, Notes, and Contacts
- Charts and Goals
- The Attendance Module
- Working with the Referrals Tab and Community Queues
- Recording and Managing Referrals in the Client Record
Data Integration and Migration
Submit a Request
System Settings: Enabled Automated Functions
This feature is directly tied to automated functions within Clarity Human Services, specifically Automated Removal from the Community Queue and Auto-Exit to Permanent Destination. The selection of the Enabled Automated Functions setting determines how the selection is applied.
Within Enabled Automated Function the following options are available: System-wide, CoC, and Sharing Settings Based. Each choice functions differently, those differences are listed below:
Note: CoC is the default setting for Automated Functions.
- System-wide: If a user triggers Automated Removal from the Community Queue or Auto-Exit to Permanent Destination the client will be removed from any applicable function regardless of CoC or Sharing settings.
- CoC: If a Clarity Human Service user triggers Automated Removal from the Community Queue or Auto-Exit to Permanent Destination, the client will be removed from any applicable Program/Community Queue based on the CoC, regardless of Sharing settings.
Note: for auto existing enrollments, Clarity Human Services will first check the Client Location CoC on the enrollment (HUD HMIS Data Standard 3.16 ); if Client Location is null, Clarity will check the CoC of the agency that created the enrollment.
- Sharing Settings Based: If a user triggers Automated Removal from the Community Queue or Auto-Exit to Permanent Destination the system will consider Sharing settings.