The REFERRALS Denied tab displays referrals with either a Status of "Denied" or "Expired." Several different circumstances will cause a referral to display in the Denied tab:
- The Status of a referral made directly or re-assigned to a program was manually updated to “Denied.”
- A referral made to a Community Queue reached the Inactive Referral Expiration Threshold. When this occurs, the Status field is updated to "Expired" automatically.
- A referral with a Status of "Pending" or "Pending - In Process" reached the Community Referral Threshold. When this occurs, the Status field is updated to "Expired" automatically.
- The Status of a referral made directly or re-assigned to a program was manually updated to “Expired.” This could be due to the referral expiring based on other criteria or, in the event a data entry error occurred during the update process, causing the referral to miss the Inactive Referral Expiration or Community Referral Threshold.
- The displayed referrals will be based on the agency the staff member is viewing data for.
- A staff member's access to the Denied tab is based on the rights enabled to their assigned Access Role.
To view the Denied tab, click SEARCH > REFERRALS > Denied.
You’ll see a list of referrals and information about them. Referral results can be filtered and sorted.
For more information about what each field in the referral results means, see Referral Details Glossary.
You can navigate directly to a client record from the referrals results by clicking the client name.
To view or edit a referral (including updating its status), click the edit icon beside the referral.
You can also delete a referral by clicking the trash can icon.
Note: The ability to delete a referral is configured in Access Roles. You should only delete a referral if you created it in error.
Denied and Expired Referrals Sent to a Community Queue
If the staff member specified that the referral should be sent to a Community Queue when updating the Status of a referral to "Denied" or “Expired,” the original referral will display in the Denied tab with the icon. Similarly, this icon displays for referrals that expired due to reaching the Community Referral Threshold. This icon indicates the system generated a new referral to a Community Queue.
Clicking the icon will navigate you to the newly generated referral that was sent to the Community Queue.