The Availability tab allows users to record information about program availability at their agency that is then displayed during the referral process to users sending referrals to those programs.
- A user’s access to the Availability tab is configured in Access Roles . See Rights Glossary for Access Roles for more information about the different access settings.
The Availability tab isn’t visible if the following are true:
Program Availability Management is turned off during Queue setup
No Queues are added to a Program
- Refer to the Program Availability chart at the end of this article for additional details.
Viewing and Updating Availability
To access the Availability tab, click SEARCH > REFERRALS > Availability.
After clicking on Availability users can switch between Community Queues. This functionality is connected to How To Setup A Program: Detailed Instructions > Adding a Community Queue to a Program.
The Availability tab displays all Queues assigned to a Program, under each Queue the Programs are visible.
Note: Only Programs connected to a Queue at the Program setup level will appear under the Queue header within the Availability tab.
For each program, you’ll have the option to select “Full Availability,” “Limited Availability,” and “No Availability,” by clicking on the selection.
“Full Availability” can be used to indicate the program has multiple openings and does not require a reservation.
“No Availability” can be used to indicate the program has no openings. Note that users will still have the option to make a referral.
Note: If a program is set to “No Availability,” it will not be available to re-assign to within a referral.
Selecting “Limited Availability” will provide the option to indicate the number of openings the program has as well as view any reserved openings.
Note: If a program is set to “Limited Availability” with no associated openings, it will not be available to re-assign to within a referral.
To indicate the number of openings the program has, click Add Single Opening or Add Multiple Openings.
Note: When adding an opening, keep in mind that all Queues added at the program level will share openings at the Program Availability level.
The Add Openings pop-up will display. If you clicked Add Multiple Openings, there will be a field to indicate the number of openings.
Considerations on Adding/Viewing Openings
When adding/viewing openings, please consider the following:
- If you are working in a system with multiple Community Queues, for each queue that is connected to a program, if the queues have custom program availability fields, all fields for those connected queues will be visible upon creating an opening. However, when you view/modify a Program opening, only the custom fields related to the specific field viewed will appear on the Program opening popup.
- For more information about Custom Fields within Queues, please read Referral Settings: Community Queue.
- If a user deletes an opening, the opening is deleted for all connected Queues, when this happens the user is presented with a warning.
- If a referral is made to an opening, all instances of the opening will be removed from Availability.
Select a date for the program opening(s) and record any additional notes you would like to display. If Program Availability Custom Fields are configured in Referral Settings, these will display here as well.
After saving the program’s opening(s), these will display in the Availability tab.
If a reservation is made to the program when the referral is re-assigned from the Community Queue, this will display in the Reserved Openings section.
Note: Reservations made in the reservations Availability tab are unrelated to reservations in the Attendance Module.
The table below describes the logic that the system follows in response to the Persistent Management toggle (which enables the Unit Queue), the Program Availability Management toggle, and the “Full,” “Limited,” and “No” selections for Program availability on the Availability tab. This logic uses the existing Availability tab to control which Units appear on the Unit Queue while still allowing referrals via the Community Queue to Programs without INVENTORY.
|Persistent Management = ON
Program Availability Management = OFF
|Persistent Management = OFF
Program Availability Management = ON
|Persistent Management = ON||
|For at least one Community Queue within Referral Settings:
Persistent Management = ON
Program Availability Management = ON
|Availability = No||Units are filtered out of the Unit Queue and not available for referrals, even if Units are Units set up for the Program.|
|Availability = Limited||Unit Queue shows all available Units.|
|Availability = Full||