The REFERRAL CONNECTIONS section of a referral indicates whether the referral has resulted in a program enrollment. You can add Referral Connections in two ways:
Automatically: When you enroll a client or household in a program, you will see a “Program Placement a result of Referral provided by (referring agency)” toggle if there is an open referral to the program.
If this toggle is enabled, clicking ENROLL will automatically close the open referral. The system records an end date for the open referral, and the enrollment information appears in the REFERRAL CONNECTIONS section of the referral.
Manually: You can use this option after a client has been enrolled in a program to indicate that pending referrals can be closed.
- The ability to add a connection manually within a referral is only available to users at agencies where the client has a program enrollment. Only programs in which the client has an enrollment will allow a referral connection.
- Only the enrollment of the current client (not any members of the client’s household) will be linked to the referral.
Within the pending referral, click ADD CONNECTION.
In the ADD CONNECTION pop-up, click the Client Program drop-down to view a picklist of programs that:
- have no connection to another referral
- have no current or anticipated occupancies
- belong to the same agency
- have a Start Date that is before the current date
Note: If you are attempting to connect a pending Unit referral to a program enrollment that already has a current Unit occupancy, you will first need to go to the Units tab and delete the Unit occupancy from the enrollment. Then, after adding the referral connection as described on this page, return to the Units tab and add the correct Unit to the enrollment.
The picklist includes the client’s Start Date (and End Date, if applicable) associated with each program. The system sorts the programs alphabetically by program name, then chronologically from most recent Start Date to oldest, then from most recent End Date to oldest.
Select the program, then click ADD.
Note: Deleting a referral connection will not delete the associated enrollment and vice versa. If both an enrollment and a referral connection need to be deleted, you will need to delete them separately.