The HMIS XML and CSV data formats allow the inclusion of a DateDeleted property for certain fields to indicate if a record was deleted in the source system. The Data Import Tool (DIT) will use DateDeleted to determine if the data should be deleted in Clarity Human Services. This article describes the process the DIT goes through to determine if data should be deleted.
Deletable Data Types
Clients, Enrollments, and Services can be deleted via import through the DIT, as long as the requirements outlined below are met.
To delete records in Clarity Human Services:
- The record that is being imported must have a DateDeleted value.
- There must be an existing record in Clarity Human Services that the imported data matches with. When importing a record that does not match with an existing record in Clarity Human Services (i.e., a new record), the DIT will skip processing that record and not create a new record.
- The DateUpdated value of the record must be the same or newer than the corresponding record's updated date in Clarity Human Services. This is the same standard logic for updating records through the DIT.
- The user that uploaded the file through the DIT must have the right permissions in their Access Role to delete the data. The sections below lists the required permissions for each data type.
Data Deletion Access Role Requirements
Certain permissions are required to delete data through the DIT. Without these permissions, the DateDeleted value will be ignored by the DIT, and the rest of the record will be processed as usual. For a complete list of permissions and their descriptions, visit the Rights Glossary for Access Roles.
- Clients: to delete client records, the user must have Delete Any Client enabled.
- Enrollments: to delete enrollments at the same agency as the user uploading the file, the user must have Delete Agency Programs enabled. To delete enrollments at a different agency, the user must have Delete Any Agency Programs enabled.
- Services: to delete services at the same agency as the user uploading the file, the user must have Delete Agency Services enabled. To delete services at a different agency, the user must have Delete Any Agency Services enabled.