To create a template for your Coordinated Entry program, follow the standard steps for creating program templates.
- You should create the screens you’ll assign to the template before creating the template.
- You may have one or multiple templates, depending on your process. For example, if your Coordinated Entry system has a separate process for families and individuals, you may have two distinct templates for each. Please see Coordinated Entry Data Standards Readiness Assessment for further details on determining your Coordinated Entry model.
Coordinated Entry Program Template Configuration
Review the following guidelines for each configuration option before creating your Program Template:
- Program Screen: if the Coordinated Entry program is HUD-funded (CoC-SSO), ensure you select a screen that contains the HUD HMIS Project Descriptor Data Elements (the system screen “HUD HMIS Project Setup” includes all required fields).
- Enrollment Screen: select the appropriate screen for your coordinated entry program, as determined in the Coordinated Entry Screens step.
- Case Status and Case Status Screen: this is optional for coordinated entry programs; its use is dependent on your local process.
- Additional Status Screen: any status screens with a Status Screen Type of “Current Living Situation” will populate this picklist. The fields in these screens collect the data associated with the HUD HMIS Data Element 4.12 Current Living Situation. The appropriate screen should be selected. This data element is required for Coordinated Entry programs.
- Exit Screen: select the appropriate screen for your Coordinated Entry program, as determined in the Coordinated Entry Screens step.
- Follow-up Screen: this is optional for Coordinated Entry programs; its use is dependent on your local process.
- Status: select “Active.”
- Automated Provisioning: Coordinated Entry Event Service Items can either be set up at the program level or the template level. If setting up services at the template level, select “Enabled” and set up services for 4.20 Coordinated Entry Event as outlined in Coordinated Entry Data Elements.
- Assessment Due - HUD Compliant: This setting is turned on by default for all program templates to meet HUD’s requirement that the annual assessment date for all household members is based on the Head of Household’s program enrollment date. Turn it off only if the annual assessment date for non-HoH household members should be determined by their own program enrollment date instead of the HoH’s enrollment date.