This article explains how to configure the permissions and settings associated with INVENTORY's map function. For details on how to use the map to view Unit details and locations, refer to our Inventory Tab article.
Access Role Permission
To access the Inventory module, users will need to have the Inventory access role permission enabled. This permission is available for Admin, Manager, and Enterprise Role Types. Other pre-existing sharing settings will control what users can see in Inventory.
Staff Inventory Access
The ability for an agency’s users to view Units in the Inventory module is controlled by a Staff Inventory Access setting on the AGENCY OVERVIEW page.
This setting provides a picklist with three options:
- “Agency”: The agency’s users will only be able to see Units in that agency. This is the default selection for this picklist.
- “Coordinated Entry Type”: The agency’s users will be able to see all Units in either the CoC or the Primary Sharing Group, depending on the system’s Coordinated Entry Type setting.
- “System”: The agency’s users will be able to see all Units in the system.
Individual Staff Member Inventory Access
To control an individual staff member’s ability to view Units in the Inventory module, use the Inventory Access setting on the MANAGE > STAFF page.
This setting provides a picklist with four options:
- “Agency Default”: The staff member will be able to see Units according to the level selected for the agency’s Staff Inventory Access setting (set on the AGENCY OVERVIEW page). This is the default selection for this picklist.
- “Agency”: The staff member will only be able to see that agency’s Units.
- “Coordinated Entry Type”: The staff member will be able to see all Units in either the CoC or the Primary Sharing Group, depending on the system’s Coordinated Entry Type setting.
- “System”: The staff member will be able to see all Units in the system.
Add/Edit Unit Status
To add/edit Unit status via that Unit Card that appears when users click on a Unit on the map, users will need the Inventory – Add Bed/Unit Status Inventory – Edit Bed/Unit Status access role permissions enabled.
System Administrators may create Housing Inventory Custom fields and add them to Housing Inventory screens to identify specific aspects of an Inventory entity, such as whether a Building allows pets, or whether a Unit has a washer/dryer.After creating a Housing Inventory Custom field and adding it to the appropriate Housing Inventory screen, turn on the field’s Display on Inventory Card toggle in the SCREEN FIELD EDITOR.
Fields for which you have enabled this toggle will appear in the More information section of the Details tab on the Unit Card.
Once you enable the Display on Inventory Card toggle for the field in SCREEN FIELD EDITOR, the Include As Inventory Filter toggle appears.
Turn on this toggle to add the field as a custom filter on the Inventory map, allowing users to search for Units with this feature.
The header of the Unit Card includes an “edit” icon that is visible only to System Administrators. Clicking the icon opens the unit management page.
If a photo of the Unit has been uploaded to the system, it will be displayed on the Unit Card. Refer to Adding Housing Inventory Photos for instructions on adding a photo of the Unit.