This article explains the password format requirements, how to change your password, and what to do if you forget your password.
Clarity Human Services has several levels of login security to ensure client information is secure.
The following requirements and restrictions help ensure that your password meets a minimum level of complexity.
All passwords must contain at least:
- Eight or more characters.
- One uppercase character (A through Z).
- One lowercase character (a through z).
- One number (0 through 9).
- One non-alphanumeric character (!@#$()%^&*).
Passwords cannot contain:
- The name of your Clarity Human Services instance.
- The word 'clarity.'
- Your First Name, Last Name, or Username.
- 'ABC' or '123.'
- More than two consecutive characters.
- The same password as the three prior passwords.
Your system administrator may choose your initial password when creating your account, and they may require you to change your password when you log in for the first time. For more information on login settings, see Staff Member Administration.
Changing Your Password
Once you've logged into Clarity Human Services, you can change your password at any time by clicking your avatar or initials in the upper right corner and clicking ACCOUNT SETTINGS.
Enter a new password in the Password and Confirm Password fields, then click SAVE CHANGES.
Note: If the system won't save the password you entered, try entering a different combination of characters, numbers, and symbols. Be sure to follow the rules listed above.
If you forget your password, you will be able to reset it yourself if you see the FORGOT PASSWORD? link on the login page.
Note: If your system administrator has not enabled the Automated Password Reset feature for your system, you will not see the the FORGOT PASSWORD? link. Please contact your system administrator to reset your password.
When you click the FORGOT PASSWORD? link, the system prompts you to enter the email address associated with your account.
After you enter your email address, the system will display the following message: “We have received your request. If you are an existing user, we will send you an email with a link to reset your password.”
- You will receive a warning if you request more than one password reset on the Clarity Human Services Login page within a 5-minute window.
- When you reset your password using the FORGOT PASSWORD? feature, you will be logged out of Clarity Human Services wherever you are currently logged in.
Force Password Change
Your system administrator may configure Clarity Human Services to require you to change your after a designated number of days.
The time interval starts when you receive a new password during account creation, reset your password on your own, or reset your password using the FORGOT PASSWORD? feature.
Additional Login Authentication
For an additional level of security, you can use Two-Factor Authentication.