The Coordinated Entry Events section of the program setup allows System Administrators and Agency Managers to enable and configure CE Events.
To manage a program’s Coordinated Entry Events, ensure you are switched into the correct agency and navigate to the MODIFY PROGRAM page for the applicable program. Then, turn on the Coordinated Entry Events toggle and click SAVE CHANGES.
The Coordinated Entry Events link will appear in the Program Resources sidebar, along with a badge to indicate the number of CE Events enabled for the program.
Click Coordinated Entry Events in the sidebar. The COORDINATED ENTRY EVENT page, where all 18 CE Events are listed, will appear.
Each Event has a toggle to indicate whether it should be available to clients of that program. System Administrators and Agency Managers can enable or disable the toggle as appropriate. The system will track updates to the toggle in the Audit Log.
For CE Event categories 10-15 and 17:
- Events that are selected in the Inferred Coordinated Entry Events Referral Setting will be automatically enabled here but can be disabled by System Administrators and Agency Managers as needed.
- Events that are not selected in the Inferred Coordinated Entry Events Referral Setting will be automatically disabled here but can be enabled by System Administrators and Agency Managers as needed.
If you disable a previously enabled Inferred Event, you will see the following pop-up:
Note: If an Inferred Event is disabled or set to “Manual” for a program, any “Inferred” updates to the Event record will not be reflected during that time. If that Event is enabled or set to Inferred for that program in the future, only updates that occur moving forward will be reflected in the Event record.
When CE Events 1-9, 16, and 18 are enabled, the system displays a “Manual” label, as these Event categories can only be manually collected.
For “Manual” Events:
- The system will display a badge to indicate the number of active Event Items configured for that category.
- The system displays a SETUP button for configuring Event Items for that Event.
- At least one Event Item must be configured for each “Manual” Event. This is similar to the configuration of Services, in which at least one Service Item must be configured for each service.
- The system displays a warning banner as a reminder that at least one Event Item must be configured for each Event before the Event can be provided to clients.
To add a new Event Item for the Event, or view/edit existing Event Items, click SETUP. Follow the steps described in our Creating and Editing Coordinated Entry Events article.
Location of Crisis Housing or Permanent Housing Referral
Coordinated Entry Event categories 10-15 have the dependent Location of Crisis Housing or Permanent Housing Referral field. For Inferred Events, this field displays the program receiving the referral. If the Coordinated Entry Event category is manually collected or an Inferred Event is updated manually (if access role permissions allow), this field will generate as a hierarchical searchable program drop-down by CoC > Program Type > Agency > Program/Project ID.
In addition, an “Other” category at the bottom of the field drop-down allows System Administrators to create a list of any Location of Crisis or Permanent Housing Referral options that are not included in the programs generated from Clarity Human Services configured in the instance. To add “Other” field selection options, navigate to FIELD EDITOR, search for the other_ce_locations field, edit the field, and add picklist selection options as needed.