- What Service Delivery Type is best for collecting locations to pull into Outreach?
The best practice for collecting service location data is to configure Services with a "Single Event" Delivery Type. This will ensure the client's location is associated with a single date for accurate display within Outreach.
Recording locations using Services with an "Attendance" Delivery Type updates all previous attendance entries in that Service Item record to reflect the most recent location collected, which may not accurately reflect where a client was on previous attendance service dates. Service Items with a "Long Term" Delivery Type allow users to record a different Start Date and End Date, which may erroneously show a client as being in a location for a longer period than they actually were.
- I see two main location filter types in Outreach Settings: Encampment and Individual. What's the difference?
The Encampment filter determines the client locations that can potentially be pulled into Encampment boundaries in the Outreach map. The Individual filter determines the client locations that can potentially be pulled into the Outreach map not within Encampment boundaries.
- Why is a client not appearing on the Outreach map?
Please ensure that any locations (Fields, Services, Addresses, or Field Interactions) that should display in the Outreach map are configured by your System Administrator within Outreach Location Filters for both Encampments and Individuals with the appropriate Time Threshold. Take note of the client's most recent location type, as it is the most recent location (as long as the location date is within the Time Threshold) that gets pulled into the map. In addition, it is important to review the Sharing Settings for Outreach to understand how sharing settings impact how clients appear within the Outreach map.
- Why is a client appearing on the map at a location that is not the most recent location collected from the Outreach filters and not adhering to the Time Threshold?
Please check if you are collecting locations on a Client Profile screen that is also set as an Outreach Location Filter. Location data collected on the Client Profile screen will take precedence over any other locations and not adhere to the Time Threshold, as Client Profile information is considered timeless and constant, as it is not associated with a date. We recommend only collecting location data in the Client Profile when client locations are unchanging.
- I updated the Location Filters in Outreach Settings to include/exclude certain locations. Why do I not see this reflected on the map?
Make sure you've clicked Publish next to the appropriate CoC on the main Outreach Settings page when updating the Location Filters in Outreach Settings.
- I collected client locations through different screens and services. Why do I not see them listed within the client's Location tab?
The client Location tab lists the locations collected directly from the Location tab (Field Interactions and Addresses). Locations collected within screens and services will only display in the Location tab if they are enabled within the CoC's Outreach Location Filters.
- I have access to multiple agencies in different CoCs. Why does the count of clients that appear within the Outreach map and Encampments differ when I switch between agencies?
Outreach is designed to allow each CoC to configure unique Outreach Settings, if desired. If CoCs have unique Outreach settings, there might be different Location Filters set up for each CoC, which will cause different client locations to appear on the map when switching between CoCs. If client locations should be the same across all CoCs, we recommend system administrators use only the "Default" Outreach Settings, and not configure unique settings for each CoC. Or, if setings are configured for each CoC, coordinate which Outreach Location Filters are enabled across CoCs.
- Can we conduct the Point-in-Time Count in Outreach?
We built Outreach primarily to support the progressive engagement of clients and street encampments. Although an unsheltered Point-in-Time Count template is not included in the initial release, Outreach is built off of Esri’s ArcGIS platform which does offer a free HUD PIT template through their Survey123 tool (https://solutions.arcgis.com/local-government/help/homeless-point-time-counts/). Future releases of Outreach may include the ability to overlay results collected using Survey123 directly within Clarity Human Services.
- Are there any additional features I can expect to see in Outreach?
Outreach is still in development and currently in beta mode. New features and functionality are constantly being developed, and it is very possible that a feature you are looking for is on its way. We're always happy to hear ideas for additional Outreach features (submit your feedback at ideas.bitfocus.com).
- This FAQ was great but I'd like to review additional Outreach material. Where can I find this information?
System administrators can visit the Configuring Outreach section of our System Administration page to learn how to set up their system for Outreach. End users can learn more in the Outreach for End Users section of our Getting Started page.