To indicate the end of a Program in Clarity Human Services, you must enter an Operating End Date for the Program. The Operating End Date is "The last day on which the project provided or is expected to provide services and/or housing. It may be a date in the future; it may also be blank if the project is expected to continue operating indefinitely."
Before entering an Operating End Date, review the considerations described below.
When you are ready to enter an Operating End Date, navigate to MANAGE > PROGRAMS, click the Edit icon for the desired Program, enter the date in the Operating End field, and click SAVE CHANGES.
HUD data element 2.02 requires that all clients must be exited from a Program before you can add an Operating End Date to the Program.
Before entering the end date, you may find it helpful to run the [GNRL-106] Program Roster report and verify that all clients have been exited.
When you enter the end date, the system will display the following:
- If you enter an Operating End Date for a Program that still has actively enrolled clients, you will see the following pop-up notification: “There are active clients in this project. All active clients must be exited before ending the project.” You cannot save the end date until the clients are exited.
- If you enter an Operating End Date that is before a client’s Exit Date from that project, you will see the following pop-up notification: “There are active clients in this project. All active clients must be exited before ending the project.” You will not be able to save the end date until the clients are exited.
For cases where a future Operating End Date is entered:
- If you try to enter an Operating End Date that is before some enrollments have started (if the enrollments were future-dated), the following error message appears: “This project has client enrollments with start dates after the selected Operating End Date. These enrollment dates must be resolved before this project can be closed.”
- If there are still active clients when the end date arrives, the system sends the following notification to the System Admin and Agency Manager: “[Program Name] belonging to [Agency Name] has reached its Operating End Date, and there are still active clients. Please log into Clarity to exit the active clients from [Program Name] or update the Operating End Date.”
- Until you exit the clients (or update the Operating End Date to a future date), the Operating End Date on the Program Setup screen will be underlined in red, indicating that it needs to be corrected.
- Program Funding associated with the Program must end as of the Program’s Operating End Date.
- Bed & Unit Inventory associated with the Program must end as of the Program’s Operating End Date.
- If you see a “Please Correct Errors” message when you click SAVE CHANGES, you may need to check the other sections of the Program Resources sidebar for errors. For example, If any of the bracket fields in the Eligibility section are underlined in red, you will not be able to save the Operating End Date until you correct the errors.