2022 Change log is here.
Data Analytics Maintenance
Starting Sunday, December 18, 2022, and continuing each Sunday, Bitfocus engineers will perform maintenance on the Looker system from 6 AM - 7 AM PST (9 am - 10 am ET). To ensure the best performance possible for Looker, we are making necessary improvements to the infrastructure of the Clarity Looker configuration. The Looker application may be unavailable to customers during that period of time. Standalone, embedded, and API Looker functions may be unavailable for 1 hour. Looks and Dashboards scheduled for 6-7am Pacific Time on Sundays may not run and should be changed from this time. Please avoid scheduling any new looks or dashboards from 6 am - 7 am Pacific time on Sundays. No action from customers is required.
We use Looker as our analytics tool. There are some issues that are vendor specific issues and require support from Looker engineers. Our Data Services engineers work with Looker engineers for investigation, troubleshooting and fixes.
Here is a list of the current known issues: Known Looker Issues
- 02/02/2023 - Custom Encampment fields are now active in the Encampments Custom View in the Outreach Model. If there are custom fields in encampment screens, the encampment screen will need to be saved for the custom fields to be activated in looker.
- 01/23/2023 - Updated "Unit Custom" files in all projects to addressed failed schedules due to missing fields, as well as "Project Descriptor" model access issues.
- 01/23/2023 - Updated references for Chronic Homeless tables in Client, Coordinated Entry, Data Quality, Services, and Population Over Time models. This has fixed a MariaDB error. Refactored code that was throwing validation errors in development. No action is required.
- 01/22/2023 - During regular maintenance window, all production Looker projects were updated to generate LookML for custom Clarity fields in a more robust manner.
- 01/12/2023 - Updated outbound recidivism fields to use the head of household move-in date for the household's members. This means that non head of household members will not be counted as clients reentering a homeless project when they were transferring.
- Updated the joins with the CE events views in the project descriptor model so that all disabled categories appear in the explores.
- A fix was released to improve performance on the inventory model. Previously a piece of code caused more data to be joined in to the model than was necessary. This code was removed.
- A join optimization has been added to the SQL of a derived table used in the SPM calculations to improve performance.
- A missing `include:` tag has been added in the proper file to fix a validation error.
- 01/11/2023 - Updated a trigger that was causing tables to rebuild at the incorrect frequency.
- 01/09/2023 - Unusually high traffic on Looker servers due to LSA caused it to become overwhelmed. The Looker application was restarted and additional resources added.
- 01/08/2023 - Updated how migration and training Clarity instances write Clarity custom fields to Looker.
- 01/05/2023 - Fixed (01/08/2023) We have identified an issue where the changes that were released in the December release are no longer showing in Looker. This seems to be related to the known Looker issue that has been causing release delays and we are working on a resolution. We will note here when the issue is resolved.