We’re excited to announce new feature updates for Clarity Human Services, summarized below.
- All Training Sites: June 8, 2020
- All Production Sites: June 22, 2020
Primary Agency Information for Actions Completed with Additional Agency Access
Additional Agency Access allows staff members to “switch” into another agency to view and enter data on its behalf. When a staff member records client data using Additional Agency Access, the system will save and display in an information pop-up the name of the staff member and their primary agency at the time the data was recorded.
- Required Action: None. For more information on primary agency and Additional Agency Access display information, see Additional Agency Access.
New Core Field Containing All Federally Recognized Tribes
The new core field Federally Recognized Tribe contains selection options for all federally recognized tribes, generated from the U.S. Federal Register. This searchable, multi-select field allows staff members to record one or more tribal entities to which a client belongs. There is also an additional Core “Text” field, Specify Other Tribe, that can potentially be configured with Display Constraints when the value “Other Tribe not on the list” is selected for Federally Recognized Tribe.
- Required Action: To begin using this field, a system administrator must first add it to a screen. For information on adding fields to screens, see Creating and Editing Screens.
Improved Client Matching
Our Data Services Team has made behind-the-scenes improvements to our client matching algorithm.
- Required Action: None.
Expired Referrals Sent to a Community Queue to Generate a New Referral
A referral’s Status can change to “Expired” three different ways:
- A referral that was made to a Community Queue reaches the Inactive Referral Threshold
- A referral that was made to a Community Queue is re-assigned to a program and reaches the Community Referral Threshold
- A staff member manually changes a referral’s Status to “Expired”
When the Status of a referral made to the Community Queue becomes “Expired” due to reaching the Inactive Referral Threshold, it will display in the Denied tab.
The following changes will be applied to expired referrals:
- When a referral that was made to a Community Queue and re-assigned to a program reaches the Community Referral Threshold, the system will automatically generate a copy of the referral and send the copy to the original queue. The new referral will contain the information associated with the original referral but will have a different referral ID. The original referral will retain an “Expired” Status, allowing a 1:1 relationship between each program referral and its outcome for reporting purposes.
- When a staff member manually changes a referral’s Status to “Expired”, they will be given the option to send the referral to a Community Queue. If Send to Community Queue is answered “Yes” and the referral is saved, a copy of the referral with a new Referral ID will be generated, then sent to the queue, and the original referral will retain a Status of “Expired”.
We will be re-mapping all referrals updated with a Status of “Expired” due to reaching the Community Referral Threshold during the period of 4/1/20 to 6/22/20. For every expiration due to reaching the Community Referral Threshold, a copy of the original referral will be generated with a new referral ID. This will allow a 1:1 relationship between each program referral and its outcome.
- Required Action: None.
Updated Export Parameters for [HUDX-111] HUD CSV/XMLProgram Data Export
We’ve added an option to include ScreenID and ScreenName to the 'Assessment' CSV or XML file in the [HUDX-111] HUD CSV/XMLProgram Data Export report.
- Required Action: To include this data, toggle on Include Assessment Screen Id when setting the parameters to run the report. For more information on running this report, see [HUDX-111] HUD CSV/XMLProgram Data Export.
New Community Queue Prioritization Status Setting
The Prioritization List setting for Community Queues is used in reporting for Coordinated Entry Data Element 4.19: Prioritization Status. When a staff member refers a client to a Community Queue with Prioritization List toggled on in the Community Queue’s referral settings through a program level assessment with Coordinated Entry toggled on, the value inferred in the database for CSV export and reporting is Prioritization Status - '1' - 'Placed on Prioritization List'. When a staff member completes a program assessment with Coordinated Entry toggled on and either does not refer a client to a Community Queue with Prioritization List toggled on or refers a client to a Community Queue with Prioritization List toggled off, the value inferred in the database for CSV export and reporting is Prioritization Status - ‘2' ‘Not Placed on Prioritization List’.
- Required Action: Prioritization List will automatically be toggled on for all active Community Queues. System administrators can configure this setting in Referral Settings.
Funding Source Live Marker Looks at All Active Funding Sources
The Funding Source live marker now looks at all active funding sources for a program. Previously, the Funding Source live marker only looked at the first source added during program creation (or, if the first funding source was deleted, the next added funding source).
- Required Action: Review any active screens configured with the Funding Source live marker to ensure accurate data calculation based on the new live marker logic. Administrators may also wish to review funding source information for programs to ensure the information is up to date. For more information about the Funding Source live marker logic, see Live Markers Glossary.
Warning When Attempting to Complete an Assessment That Was Recently Completed
The Recent Assessment Warning displays when a staff member attempts to complete an assessment that was already completed in a client record within a specified period of time.
- Required Action: To begin using this feature, a system administrator must toggle on Recent Assessment Warning for a screen. For more information, see Creating and Editing Screens.
Renamed "Denied Message" field on Referral: Edit screen
When updating the Status of a referral to “Denied”, several additional fields display. The field previously labeled “Denied Message”, which allows staff members to provide additional information about why the referral was denied, will now be labeled “Denial Information”. This is also now a required field when a referral’s Status is updated to “Denied”.
- Required Action: None.
Program Type Included in Program History
- Required Action: None.
New User Rights for Editing Client Profiles
The Access Role edit rights Edit Client Profile and Edit Any Client Profile allow staff members to edit data in the Client Profile, either for client records created by their agency or any agency. Note: staff members with Create New Clients enabled in their Access Role are able to edit the Client Profile of any client record they create by default.
- Required Action: These rights will be automatically toggled on for access roles with Create New Client enabled. These rights can be enabled or disabled by system administrators following the steps in Creating and Editing Access Roles.
Geolocation Required Option for Service Items
When Enable Geolocation is toggled on for a service item, a new Geolocation Required option will display. When toggled on for a service item, staff members will not be able to save the service item in the client record unless they’ve recorded location information for it.
- Required Action: To begin using this feature, an administrator must toggle on Geolocation Required for the service item. For more information, see Service Item Options: Geolocation.
User Interface Updates
We’ve updated the user interface for these Clarity Human Services features:
- The Subscription Details section of the System Setup Dashboard
- The Sensitive Data icon in Screen Editor
- The Snooze icon in the Community Queue tab
- When a staff member moves a program enrollment, metadata (date, staff member, moved from and moved to agency) is added to the program enrollment audit log.
- When changing the Reservation Option for a service item from “Dedicated” to “Open” and the service item has Reservation Slots set up, this warning will display: “Updating the Reservation Option from 'Dedicated' to 'Open' will remove the existing reservation sections and slots, including associated client reservations.”
- When creating a custom field, the system will cut off pasted text beyond the character limit (255 characters) for the Field Display Name.
- Reservation Option is no longer a configuration option for Multiple Attendance service items.
- The name of an agency’s staff member in the Assigned Staff section only displays for staff members at another agency if the Assigned Staff member’s agency’s Service/Programs/Assessments Placed sharing settings are “Basic Shared” or “Full Shared” with the other agency.
- “Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)” was removed as an Authentication Policy option in System Setup Settings.
- System administrators can no longer remove the Program Entry Date field from Program Enrollment Screens (this is a required field for the screen to function correctly).
- The options "Greater Than" and "Less Than" have been removed as options for Service Based Measures in Goal Templates.
New and Updated Help Center Resources
- Creating and Editing Screens
- Creating and Managing Program Enrollments
- Rights Glossary for Access Roles
- Additional Agency Access
- Live Markers Glossary
- Referrals: the Denied Tab (Including Expired Referrals)
- Updating the Status of a Referral
- Completing an Assessment in the Client Record
- Dashboard: Subscription Details
- Community Queue for System Administrators
- Referral Settings: Multiple Community Queues
- [HUDX-111] HUD CSV / XML Program Data Export
- Service Item Options: Geolocation
- Entering Data for Geolocation-Enabled Service Items